• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK binocular deals, special offers and bargains (1 Viewer)

I popped into WEX Norwich the other day and they had an ex-demo Pentax DCF 9x32 for c. £150 if memory serves me correctly. Not on their website but I'm sure they'd post it out if anyone was interested and gave them a ring.

In other news, Park Cameras still have the Nikon EDG 7x42 for £899 new. A great bin!

Actually, Park Cameras' site says the EDG 7x42 is 'available to order' at that price, so it's possible they've sold out.

The Leica Ultravid HD range has been discounted by some sales outlets since the introduction of the HD+.
I found a few 7x42 available from an authorised seller (on thE bay) in Germany (with g'tee) for under £1000. 8x are a little more.

EDIT: Following Samandag's suggestion, added a link, here.

Last edited:
The Leica Ultravid HD range has been discounted by some sales outlets since the introduction of the HD+.
I found a few 7x42 available from an authorised seller (on thE bay) in Germany (with g'tee) for under £1000. 8x are a little more.

Why not post the link ? Thanks & best,

Sportsmangun have some cheapo clearance Minox BV 8x42 BR @ £119.00

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/product/4150056522decbe568231711/Minox+BV+8x42+BR/

I would ring and see exactly which model they are selling. Pictured on their website is the BV BR, but select to add to cart is the BV BF ??

Elsewhere the BV 8x42 BR are currently :

Amazon £165.00
Birders £169.00
Sherwoods £175.00
Ace £179.00
Clifton £179.00
Harrison £189.00
fotosense £189.00
Wex £209.00

For confirmed binoholics Lidl are offering this week in store boxed 420 piece sets of assorted 0-rings, 1.8 - 3.55mm section, and upto 50mm diameter for £ 5.99.

There is a choice of either metric or imperial, perfectly good quality rings, all clearly arranged in a practical box. The box is much, much better than shown in their online ads.

Enough to sort your eye cup packing needs for decades to come.

Smart retailers will be buying a box or two to keep on the shelf to help clinch that vital sale ... :brains:

Bushnell H20 8x25 Waterproof

Argos Ebay outlet have these on offer at £18. I've just bought a pair-well worth it for a pocket/car pair. See my review in the reviews section for my impressions.

Thanks ?

I would not have posted it if I did not think that they were reliable.

These are 'verified' reviews and comment : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4982782

Paying via PayPal and using your MasterCard or Visa credit card gives you the buyer protection you need.

They are just box shifters and want your repeat business.

If I was looking for an NM5 ED 8x42 I would probably buy one at that price ; it offers a good package at it's price point, and here priced only moderately more than some of the challenging entry level 8x42s offered by other brands. They must sell hundreds.

Last edited:
Uttings still has the Opticron Imagic BGA SE 8x32 in stock, reduced to £229 with a further 10% off if you subscribe to their email list. Here

Difficult to resist for me, a Japanese made 8x32, 8 degree FOV.
I had the older version and found I it to be very good indeed, if a tad heavier than some 8x32.

Kowa 883 down to £1999 at RSPB shops

Today the price has dropped for the 883 scope with 25-60x zoom eyepiece and case to £1999, cheaper than a Swaro TX65 combo and not much more than a Swaro ATS80 with zoom. None in stock currently at Minsmere though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back