• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID needed; Pipeline Road, Panama. (1 Viewer)

Never expected that in million years!

Peter C.

I really think this whole thing is an excellent case study to present to a friend of mine, who always wants to get the photo first and identify afterwards. Based just the photo, this bird stumped a cross-section of international bird experts. (And me, too, but that's not saying much...)

But with a few field notes - particularly including descriptions of the call note and the tail tip, and the fact that it was downing berries along with a flock of very similarly-plumaged birds (do waxwings ever dine alone? not in my experience) - and no mystery at all...

:eek!:

Relieved that at least 2 % of my contribution to this thread were right: shades can have a strong effect :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back