• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Suggestions for Cuba (1 Viewer)

Oscar56

We will be on our first trip to Cuba the first 2 weeks of February. We will be bussing from Santa Clara, to Trinidad, to Cienfuegos to Havana and back to Santa Clara.

This is not a birding trip but I will be taking my compact binos with the hope of getting out on a couple of side trips for birding. Any suggestions on parks, wetlands or other sites within easy reach of these locations?

This will be my first visit to the Caribbean so even birding in the town square will probably add to my life list.

We will be on our first trip to Cuba the first 2 weeks of February. We will be bussing from Santa Clara, to Trinidad, to Cienfuegos to Havana and back to Santa Clara.

This is not a birding trip but I will be taking my compact binos with the hope of getting out on a couple of side trips for birding. Any suggestions on parks, wetlands or other sites within easy reach of these locations?

This will be my first visit to the Caribbean so even birding in the town square will probably add to my life list.

If you take a handy guide eg Helm guide to the Birds of the West Indies plus a pair of binoculars you won't go far wrong.
Birding in Cuba is fairly straightforward with plenty of birds making themselves visible and certainly heard.
Enjoy!

Pratincol:

Thanks for the response. I have loaded a copy of Helm onto my iPhone and iPad and I will be taking my 8 X 26 binos. Ast you suggest I expect that anywhere I look, even for incidental birds when not birding, will be a new experience.

Pratincol:

Thanks for the response. I have loaded a copy of Helm onto my iPhone and iPad and I will be taking my 8 X 26 binos. Ast you suggest I expect that anywhere I look, even for incidental birds when not birding, will be a new experience.
If you want to see a Cuban Tody learn its call[xeno canto].Once you hear one stand still and hey presto! one will surely appear at eye level sooner rather than later!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back