• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Poland (1 Viewer)

Alcedo

Kingfisher :]
Hi everyone. This is my first post in this Forum. Maybe I learn more English here, than on lessons in my school. |:p| . Well.. I'm from Poland. I'm sixteen. My name is Peter (pol. Piotrek |:p| ) . I like animals... especial birds.

I will write some posts here maybe sometimes.

Thanks for attention.

Oh and one more thing. Sorry for my English wchich is for sure not good |8(|

Regards

PS Maybe someone from this Forum is from Poland or someone can speak Polish ? |<|

Hello Alcedo and welcome to BirdForum.net from those of us on staff here at BirdForum.net.

Your english seems just fine so no worries there ;)

We encourage you to post as often as you would like to tell us about the bird life in your part of the world. Enjoy!

Hi Alcedo,

Welcome to Birdforum.

As KC said your English is very good so do not worry about it. Having a quick look there isn't a lot of members from your country, although I have found a few that have recently joined called ortolan_pl ., kessy, derwal. If you check at the bottom of the page there is sometimes a link with a keyword in.

Just join in with anything that you like, as you see in the gallery we have all different types of birds and wildlife from all over the World.

Hi Alcedo, and welcome to the forum. Don't worry about your English - it seems very good to me, and anyway I'm sure we shall be able to understand what you are saying. I think that the forum will help you with your English - so just keep reading and answering.

Last edited:
Hi Alcedo. Welcome to Birdforum. Don't worry about your English, It seems Just fine. Enjoy yourself here. John.

Tero said:
Nice kingfisher picture
Thanks |=)|
Marmot said:
Having a quick look there isn't a lot of members from your country, although I have found a few that have recently joined called ortolan_pl ., kessy, derwal. If you check at the bottom of the page there is sometimes a link with a keyword in.
I see ... I see |=)|
christineredgate said:
Your English sounds just fine.Better than my Polish,which is zero!!!
My English sound fine ? ...That's only a apperantes ;) .... Well... I can teach You some Polish here ;)

Tervetuloa to Birdforum, Alcedo. Good to have more internationality here. Here's a little story from Your birthday: I was trekking on beaches of SW Finland & found eg a Branta canadensis, who had a misformed wing. It was not able to fly, so it was doomed to die before winter. As 20.8. midday is the moment annual duck hunting season begins here, I also met several hunters on my trip. I told them where that Branta was. One of those hunters told me plenty of interesting information over local birds, of which I made notes. Glad that I did that, as this man died few years ago.

jurek said:
Czesc!

Przyjemnego pisania :)

Jurek
pol. - ciesze sie ze widze tu na Forum polskie wyrazy :) .. mieszkales w Polsce ? ( Pytam bo teraz w "Location" jest wpisany Berlin ) :)

ang. - oh ... I'm glad that I see on this Forum polish words :) ... Did you live in Poland ? ( I ask beacause in "Location" you have inscribed "Berlin" ) :)

jurek said:
Elizabeth Bigg said:
Tak! Wy postępujecie zdumiewająco z Językiem polskim (blask):)

I obtained it from here: http://www.poltran.com/pl.php4
O. Here could be better. I would say:

Tak! Robisz zdumiewajace postepy w polskim!

:)
I would say this words exactly as jurek

What is this :> ? :] Polish lessons on Bird Forum ? ;)

Karwin said:
As 20.8. midday
I was born 4 hours before that moment :) . Oh.. and thanks for that little but nice storry.

PS...
Karwin said:
Tervetuloa
- What is it mean ?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back