• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa adapter (1 Viewer)

dalat

Switzerland
I just got the Kowa smartphone adapter.

It comes with two rings that can be screwed on to the adapter plate. They have 55 mm and 41 mm diameter, the large one perfectly fits to my Swaro 25-50 eyepiece, the smaller one equally perfect to my Leica Ultravid HD 8x42. They have more adapter rings that can be bought seperately: http://www.kowaproducts.com/kowa-iphone-compatibility.pdf

I have a Samsung S5 mini phone, but Kowa does not sell one that fits this phone directly. So I bought one for Samsung S5 or S4. The metal plate of the adapter is simply clued on to a normal phone hardcase by strong two-sided adhesive tape. So I took off the hardcase (took a bit of force), and clued it on another hardcase fitting my phone. The tape kept sticking to the metal plate, so I didnt even need to use new tape.

Now everything fits well and it seems to work very well on both scope and bin.

I'll let you know more when I got some pics. But this adapter seems to be very versatile, fitting many scopes, bins and phones.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back