• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zac Hinchcliffe's Bird Photo Quiz (1 Viewer)

a couple...the first one is a bit tricky, but its on the sea for a hint...
the 2nd one, guess all the species excluding the Grey Seals!

Attachments

• IMG_4793.JPG
    IMG_4793.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4799.JPG
    IMG_4799.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 121
1: Common scoter.

2: Herring gull, Wigeon, Lesser black backed gull, Great black backed gull, Common seal/Grey seal, Lapwing, Iceland gull.

unless i've missed something, I don't think there is an Iceland Gull...Where do you think on is?

All the rest right

Common Scoter - no

The seabird is not just a little tricky, it's nearly impossible, if you hadn't told us it was a bird, I'd think it was a floater in my eye!! I'm just going to assume that it's a pom skua as it seems to be the only bird (apart from the little auks) that everyone's seeing on the sea at the moment.

It actually is a little Auk, lol
attached is a photo taken by a friend a day prior about 30 miles south.
I annoyingly didn't get any Pom action, but Little Auks are pretty awesome!

Attachments

• Bill Apsin.jpg
    Bill Apsin.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 111
well it had to be one or the other! very jealous of these seabirds. Only thing that comes close here is cormorant.

Which one is the Lesser Black-backed?

I am going with Great Northern Diver for the bird on the water. Looks like a diver neck to me.

the Bird on the Water IS a Little Auk...

I think on this picture it is pretty hard to tell the LBBG, but in the midlle of the Seals, below them, there is a gull sitting down, i think that thats it. I know there is one in there!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back