• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

December's Zen-Ray PRIME HD drawing idea (1 Viewer)

Why is it unfair?! Generous Charles has decided to give away ANOTHER pair of bins. :loveme:
It's unfair because it limits the chance to win a Zen Ray to the maybe 5% of the people on the forum who have a Zen Ray. Maybe your finances won't allow you to buy a Prime for $600 and this is your only chance to own one. It should be open to everybody.

It's unfair because it limits the chance to win a Zen Ray to the maybe 5% of the people on the forum who have a Zen Ray. Maybe your finances won't allow you to buy a Prime for $600 and this is your only chance to own one. It should be open to everybody.

Jeez Dennis!

That would be the regular monthly draws then !! :brains:

:t:

Chosun :gh:

Thanks for the generous offer.
For clarification, if we have four different pairs of Zen Ray binoculars, does that mean that we can post four times a day (with four different photos, one of each pair) ?
jake.

Thanks for the generous offer.
For clarification, if we have four different pairs of Zen Ray binoculars, does that mean that we can post four times a day (with four different photos, one of each pair) ?
jake.

Jake, please upload one picture per person a day.

Thanks

Charles

Dennis, as Chosun pointed out, we will run regular draw for all BF members in parallel. This just gives our customers another chance to win.

Charles

Is photoshopping allowed?

If one takes the picture of the binoculars by himself(herself) and just do some slight touch up like changing contrast, saturation, etc, then it is ok. But if someone grabs a picture of binoculars else where and photoshops into a picture, it will be disqualified.

Charles

If one takes the picture of the binoculars by himself(herself) and just do some slight touch up like changing contrast, saturation, etc, then it is ok. But if someone grabs a picture of binoculars else where and photoshops into a picture, it will be disqualified.

Charles[/QUOTE)

That is only fair.

Last edited:

Charles

I'd still suggest 1 bino 1 entry if this special draw is mainly for loyal ZR users. It's not so difficult to make 100 'different' photos using ps/crop from one bino.;)

Andy

Charles,

What a great contest. It is always nice when a company shows appreciation for customer loyalty. I suspect many of us are proud of our Zen-Ray optics and will love the opportunity to show them off to the world.

Questions: Would photos of Zen-Ray scopes or monoculars qualify or is it limited specifically to binocular products? Also, can photos taken prior to the start of the contest date be used?

Last edited:
I think that is unfair! ...........

Nothing unfair about it. It is great marketing to show appreciation to loyal customers. I am surprised you care considering prior comments. If it is important, then here is a suggestion. Pick up a Zen-Ray on the bay, take 30 pictures, then give them the Dennis flip back to the bay.

...... If you already have a Zen Ray you don't need another pair..........

You can never have to many binoculars.:t:

......... Maybe we have to compose a poem of why we want a Zen Ray.

There is a birder near Denver
who is a forum member.
Enter he may
if he had a Zen-Ray
but he's out of luck for December.

..........maybe 5% of the people on the forum who have a Zen Ray. ..

One of the things I am looking forward to is seeing posts from members showing their Zen-Ray who never previously mentioned being a Zen-Ray owner. It is interesting to see what fellow members are using.

........... It should be open to everybody.

It is ..... as previously mentioned by CJ.

I don't own a pair of Zen Rays (yet), but I have to admit that when I am ready for new binos they will be one of the first I look at, having seen the customer appreciation and generosity that Charles has exhibited. Well done Zen Ray!

I put my ED2's on the deck today, and sprinkled seed around and on top.

Lesson of the day: Birds don't like perching on top of binoculars. :C

Nothing unfair about it. It is great marketing to show appreciation to loyal customers. I am surprised you care considering prior comments. If it is important, then here is a suggestion. Pick up a Zen-Ray on the bay, take 30 pictures, then give them the Dennis flip back to the bay.

You can never have to many binoculars.:t:

There is a birder near Denver
who is a forum member.
Enter he may
if he had a Zen-Ray
but he's out of luck for December.

One of the things I am looking forward to is seeing posts from members showing their Zen-Ray who never previously mentioned being a Zen-Ray owner. It is interesting to see what fellow members are using.

It is ..... as previously mentioned by CJ.
"There is a birder near Denver
who is a forum member.
Enter he may
if he had a Zen-Ray
but he's out of luck for December."

Edgar Allen Poe you are not. You should be disqualified just on the basis of that BAD poem!

Although the drawing won't start until December, it is never too early to start practicing.

bm3lzds.jpg

Apologies for the lousy cellphone photo. :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back