• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

where to buy feed (1 Viewer)

ebtammy

I live in n.w P.a. , Butler county,and I wondered if I could afford to feed all summer, first of all I have to pay 5.99 for 20 lb of feed,with nice seed, pennington from walmart, or 12.99 for 40 lbs of not so nice feed,from a supply store nearby or trader horn, lot of corn.
I get a lot of black birds with shiny bluish heads,and doves, that eat up all my seed faster than the little ones can get it. any suggestion on where I can get seed cheaper? Also I have no trees in my yard, so I need an idea for an easy cheap pole feeder that I can make out of scrap stuff, that looks better than the big half sheet of plywood I have laying over two block. I have lived here for 7 years and have never seen a squirrel in my yard, but I did see my first chipmunk since seed is on the ground a lot, I have only seen black birds, two kinds,cardinals,, bue jays, doves, tuffted titmice, chickadees, these clumsy looking roundish birds with all black and grey speckeled feathers and pointy beaks ,lots of those, and now these last few days I saw a different smaller black bird with different color heads come.
I have never even seen a wild canary or a blue bird in my life.
I live in a small town, and boy do I miss my country home I use to live in .
ebtammy

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back