• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Simply electronics info please (1 Viewer)

fender

Hi,

Just been looking at Simply electronics website...very cheap lenses there.
I have looked at some reviews and there are some very good ones and some bad(like all reviews i guess!)

I would be grateful if anyone out there could give me their experiences in dealing with this company and if there are any hidden costs incurred when buying from them.

I noted that a lens i am interested-in is over £200 cheaper with them! Namely the Sigma 50-500mm DG OS HSM.

Regards, Phil.

If you do a search on here there are quite a few threads about this company....it looks like you take your chances,...if I remember correctly they are not UK based and are actually in HOng Kong.

Wish I had seen this thread (and others like it) before making a purchase!

I ordered a voice recorder from them. It hadn't even been processed for dispatch by the end of the 8 working days delivery date.

I asked for a refund which they were happy to grant me, except they didn't refund me the money for over a month despite many polite phone calls and requests.

In the end, I only received my money back after the Credit Card company moved in to settle the dispute.

It took them 3 hours to take money from my account, and 40 days to return it. Go figure!
I hope this thread being brought back to prominance will help others avoid my mistake of ordering with them; and cost them money in the long term, which let's face it, is the only language they will understand

I have bought from them twice. The gripe is the extraordinary long delivery time.
If youre not in a rush to receive your goods then use them - they are certainly cheaper than most.

My gripe is that they only refunded me when the weight of a credit card company leant on them. Customer service meant absolutely nothing to them.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back