• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to get binoculars realigned? (1 Viewer)

Doug Greenberg

During our recent trip to Hawaii my teenage son managed to smack his Mirador porro prism binoculars sufficiently hard to knock them out of alignment. Last time this happened I sent them to Mirador's facility in southern California. However, I believe they no longer are in operation.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, but I would be willing to send the binoculars further away if I could be sure that the repairs would be done correctly. Does anyone know of a reputable binocular repair facility in the U.S. that is not associated with any particular company/brand?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Doug Greenberg

Doug Greenberg said:
During our recent trip to Hawaii my teenage son managed to smack his Mirador porro prism binoculars sufficiently hard to knock them out of alignment. Last time this happened I sent them to Mirador's facility in southern California. However, I believe they no longer are in operation.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, but I would be willing to send the binoculars further away if I could be sure that the repairs would be done correctly. Does anyone know of a reputable binocular repair facility in the U.S. that is not associated with any particular company/brand?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Doug Greenberg
Yes Doug, I would be interested in a repairer of bins in the UK because 'Mr Nobody' came in to my house, broke my bins and then left without even stealing the family silver.
Replies please folks.....

Doug,

These people appear to be reputable, if you want to check them out:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Baker Marine Instruments and Repair
2425 Shelter Island Drive
San Diego, Ca. 92106
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phone: (619) 222-8096
Fax: (619) 222-9713
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]E-mail: [email protected][/font]
Web site: http://www.bakermarineusa.com/services.htm

or

Mirakel Optical Co., Inc.
331 Mansion St.

West Coxsackie, NY 12192-9717
1-888-MIRAKEL (888-647-2535) or 518-731-2610
Email us at
[email protected]
Web site: http://www.mirakeloptical.com/SZservices.html

Regards,

GR

Last edited:
There used to be a bloke based in Norfolk Tim Someone, who was a whizz at sorting out bashed bins. He could also improve close focusing of Dialyts!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back