• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Transmittance and visual perception (1 Viewer)

This Tecnis is now considered entry level monofocal. When it first came out, 2006-2008?, it was unique/cutting edge w/aspheric design. I talked w/different ophthalmologist that used the blue blocker type IOL. Claims are eye protection, I suppose beyond the UV filtering of the ZA9003, but he would not advise me to use it on my other eye. His claims are that I would see amber/yellow hue if I closed the other eye. He said OU that one couldn't notice this similar to me only seeing a difference comparing views one eye at a time.

I think the monocular diplopia is controlled in part by my brain or it is so small an error that I cannot perceive it under 5'. It's been a month & half, so any further change in healing will be slow w/minor change. Another couple of months and the incision will be 90% healed.

The odd thing is that the minimum distance changes from 5' to 10' at times. Hence my conclusion that partly the brain is involved. I can forcibly open my eye wide open and accommodate, yet naturally much of this induces eye strain.

Thanks for the reply & file.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back