• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds and Planes (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
The old thread is closed and I couldn't reply so here's a new thread.

While were out birding today, the roar of jet engines approached overhead and we looked up to see six fast jets flying in close formation.

They turned out to be the Russian display team known as the 'Swifts'. I believe the planes are MiG-29UB, the two seater version of the Nato designated 'Fulcrum' MiG-29.

A

Attachments

• DSC_0693.jpg
    DSC_0693.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 114
The old thread is closed and I couldn't reply so here's a new thread. While were out birding today, the roar of jet engines approached overhead and we looked up to see six fast jets flying in close formation. They turned out to be the Russian display team known as the 'Swifts'. I believe the planes are MiG-29UB, the two seater version of the Nato designated 'Fulcrum' MiG-29. A

I'll make an informed guess that the team comprises two-seaters because they are from an operational conversion unit manned by experienced pilots who have done combat tours and are now on an instructor's posting at the OCU.
MJB

Cor... really envious! Nice catch. Yes, team seems to be a mix of single seat fighters and two seat trainers.

Haven't seen the Swifts: I did see the Russian Knights (SU27s) do a practice display at Leuchars, on my way to Aberdeen twitching Sandhill Crane on Shetland though - and the two MiG 29s colliding at RIAT!

John

Antonov AN-72 Nato designation 'Coaler'

We have periods of high activity here, today is one with choppers everywhere and this just passed in front of our window.

A

Attachments

• DSC_0772.jpg
    DSC_0772.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 79
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back