• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ed's thread (5 Viewers)

Stonkingly good Lil' Owl, Ed. This is right up there with Mike W's efforts. You've captured the character right down to a T. Not a bit over-done, either.
Excellent stuff.

Russ

I didn't want to comment on your little owl Ed...It's far too good! I had one doing the boingy thing at me on Sunday, just as you've captured it here!

Mike

feeling a bit guilty that no finished painting for a coupla weeks- but that's a healthy guilt i hope

but dropped in briefly by the river today where a sleeping Redshank was just nicely placed against three lines of wrack dropped onto grass by three high tides

Attachments

• q9 550 bwDSC_3080 copy.jpg
    q9 550 bwDSC_3080 copy.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 53
  • q9 550 DSC_3081 copy.jpg
    q9 550 DSC_3081 copy.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 64
beautiful...think I prefer the pencil only as it is more subtle and thats the mood I feel with it,
just IMO tho

I love this composition, Ed. B and W suits it perfectly, but then I would say that, wouldn't I! This is a terrific little example of proper bird art - makes my efforts all the more mundane! Nothing too fancy here, it simply works. If this was finely rendere in graphite I'd have it on my wall.

Russ

In everything you do there's an energy that crackles through. This redshank has that in spades, the bird itself acts as an anchor, a kind of island of stillness and calm amidst all the movement.

Well that's what I see anyways! A cracking composition!

Mike

Hello Ed,

I asked myself if I prefer one of these.... I think I'm in for the pencil drawing.

I also like the composition.

Ulrike O:)

hello all

i'm slightly stumped for a painting right now: I've had a couple of Redshank moments over last week or so that deserve a whap at a canvas but just seem to have hung fire

meantimes a messy kwik-pic of a monster birding moment- set out on saturday morning for a concerted effort to find my local Hobbies

located a promising old stag-antlered oak with west view and lo and behold - male Hobby clambering parrot-fashion up a branch to boot off a crow

so we are in business I think- let's see what August brings

Attachments

• q9 550 hobby crow DSC_3090 copy.jpg
    q9 550 hobby crow DSC_3090 copy.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 62
Great to see this sketch, I was watching three hobbies hawking from a perch a few weeks ago - they reminded me so much of parrots that I thought the sun had gone to my head. Glad to see my impressions confirmed by this superbly scrumptious scribble.

Agree with Mike....great just as it is...:t:

But lets not talk about hobbies as my local ones appear to have done a bunk...[buger if i can find them]....!

http://username-beast.blogspot.com/

can't promise a hobby free-zone: I'm just too excited to have them round the corner

yours might be lurking if female is hunkered down?

I nipped in today and visually intriguing - Woodpigeons rising up in flurries from the barley, cluttering his perch

I've drawn him a touch too big compared to les pigeons but it seems a shame to photoshop him down

Attachments

• q9 550 hobby pigeons DSC_3093 copy.jpg
    q9 550 hobby pigeons DSC_3093 copy.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 69
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back