• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler from San Pedro NWR in SE Arizona (1 Viewer)

bajadreamer

This bird was seen in SE AZ, near Sierra Vista, in September of this year. Unfortunately I did not get another picture that showed the neck or back of this bird. Grey headed yellow warbler-juvenile Magnolia Warbler?? Listed as rare but regular in this area via Sibley.

Attachments

• Magnolia Warbler.JPG
    Magnolia Warbler.JPG
    542.3 KB · Views: 82
It looks to me like you can see the broken eye ring and enough of the bird to call this a MacGillivray's, why do you say unidentifiable fugl?

It looks to me like you can see the broken eye ring and enough of the bird to call this a MacGillivray's, why do you say unidentifiable fugl?

Because I don't even see an eye, much less an eye ring, on either my iPads or computer.

Last edited:
Because I don't even see an eye, much less an eye ring, on either my iPads or computer.

The bird's eye is a little to the right of the lower rightmost part of the yellow underparts. The bird's bill is pointing downward & to the right, paralleling the branch that it is perched on. It took me a little while to see the eye.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back