• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young robin? (1 Viewer)

Romafree

Grrr....my camera was not within reach or I could have posted a pic here. :C
A bird was on our bird table and throughly enjoying his breakfast so I picked up binos and watched.....realised he was not a sparrow as I had first thought.
He had the appearance of a robin but minus the give away red breast....what I want to know is.....would there still be babies around who have not yet aquired this fine characteristic?? He was not small in size.....
Do so hope it was a young robin as I have recently put up a robin nest box (very forward planning I know!) and do want to encourage a robin or two!!

Hi ..... could be a young robin. We have 2 in our garden, plus one adult bird. Does your birdy have the long legs and speckly breast lower down?

HI, HH!! No, it didn't...thought I saw a faint blush of red coming through...oh, it probably wasn't a robin..??

Grrr....my camera was not within reach or I could have posted a pic here. :C
A bird was on our bird table and throughly enjoying his breakfast so I picked up binos and watched.....realised he was not a sparrow as I had first thought.
He had the appearance of a robin but minus the give away red breast....what I want to know is.....would there still be babies around who have not yet aquired this fine characteristic?? He was not small in size.....
Do so hope it was a young robin as I have recently put up a robin nest box (very forward planning I know!) and do want to encourage a robin or two!!

Probably is a young robin,put some mealworms out robins love them.

Steve.B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back