• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Northern Myanmar (1 Viewer)

ljs

Hi All,

Ever since I did a trip to Myanmar in early 2012, http://jonathanhornbuckle.webs.com/burma2012.htm, I have always been wanting to go back again. Just wondering if anybody is interested and would like to visit North Myanmar in Jan 2015? Targets are mainly the himalayan specialties, especially the pheasants.

Feel free to pm me to express your interest. The trip has not been fixed and I am still awaiting information from the local tour operator, so no obligation.

Cheers,
Jia Sheng

Update:

My itinerary
http://www.myanmarbirding.com/northern-myanmar-bird-watching-tour-16d.htm

Possible birds to see: Blyth's Tragopan, Temminck's Tragopan, Sclater Monal, Himalayan Monal, Snowy-throated babbler, Chestnut-backed and Rufous-vented Laughingthrushes

Note: This is largely an exploratory trip with no certainty on the birds to be seen. However, given the remoteness and the geographical location, a mountain in the himalayas, I am expecting good birding nonetheless.

Any interest? Looking for one companion to make it happen... The period of travel that I am considering is late December to early January 2015.

Would love to go, ever since I went on a brief visit back in 1998. Would be very interested for another year but can't do 2015. Hope you get some participants.

I would love to go some time, I cannot do this winter ... I am interested especially in the remoter regions north, northwest, northeast. Are you able to get permission? where are you aiming to go?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back