• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moisture in camera - help! (1 Viewer)

kneonlight

Decided as it was a nice day I would go and test out my new lens.
Stupidly put chilled food for lunch next to camera in car. When I went to use the camera it was a bit wet and when looking through the viewfinder it was like looking through fog. Also the red light that lights up on the focus point is barely viewable any more (can be seen if looking at a black backgound but aything lighter and it can't be seen).

Camera still works fine and I managed lots of pics I just had to remember which focus point was active!

Any advice or have I ruined the camera? (It is a Canon 600D)

If the camera still works fine you have not ruined it. It sounds like you just got some condensation in the viewfinder. It should clear eventually but may take a while.

i dropped my eyephone in the paddling pool. bits failed obviously. however the wife suggested a bowl of rice. i submerged the iphone in rice for two days and now we are back to normal!! the rice aborbes the humidity...

i agree with rosbifs ,my grandaughter dropped a brand new i-phone down the toilet and it was cured by the bowl of rice trick ,or use silica gel packets if you have any about .but the rice does work

if rice doesen't work some of thoes little gel bags that absorb moisture should do the trick might take a day or 2 .
Rob.

I once took a camera out in a downpour, [You don't have to tell me how daft that was] anyway the next day it was all steamed up and unusable i was guttered, BUT. after a few days in a dry and airy place everything was fine. That was three years ago and it still works perfectly now.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back