• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Huge Gorse Fire in North Antrim last night! (1 Viewer)

Ptarmi

Dick Glasgow
:news:

There was a huge Gorse Fire, here in North Antrim, last night .... right on my doorstep, which needed more than 60 firefighters to bring it under control! :-C

A curse on all those bloody Fairweather Eejits who suddenly feel the need to explore the countryside at the first glimpse of fine weather ............. & then get the urge to destroy it!
:C

60 Firefighters tackle Gorse Fire!

I shudder to think how many nests & birds have been destroyed! |!|

:news:

There was a huge Gorse Fire, here in North Antrim, last night .... right on my doorstep, which needed more than 60 firefighters to bring it under control! :-C

A curse on all those bloody Fairweather Eejits who suddenly feel the need to explore the countryside at the first glimpse of fine weather ............. & then get the urge to destroy it!
:C

60 Firefighters tackle Gorse Fire!

I shudder to think how many nests & birds have been destroyed! |!|

i agree with you totally, these idiots who go around destroying the flora and fauna of our beautiful countryside ,should be brought before the courts and face the FULL riggers of the law

Eeeejits! :eek!:

On the west face of Knocklayd, Co Antrim, just a few of miles from & within sight of that huge recent Armoy blaze, some prat farmer/landowner was burning Gorse, last Thursday night! :-C

The funny thing is, in the Foxhunting debate, the country based folk are always portrayed as being the clever ones, when it comes to looking after the countryside & our wildlife!

Anyway, it just goes to show that it's not only pranksters, vandals & yobs who start these idiotic Gorse Fires at the wrong time & in the wrong place! :C

Cheers
Dick

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back