• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stolen Leica Trinovids (1 Viewer)

Bean Counter

I know this is a slim chance but I have just had my car broken into and my Leica bins stolen together with a metal detector and Berghaus coat :C

I am in the East Sussex area so if you hear of these items going cheap please let me know.

Many thanks

Bean Counter said:
I know this is a slim chance but I have just had my car broken into and my Leica bins stolen together with a metal detector and Berghaus coat :C

I am in the East Sussex area so if you hear of these items going cheap please let me know.

Many thanks

Do you have the serial number for these bins? If so it might be worth contacting local optics dealers and letting them know so they can keep an eye out for them. If you don't know it, it's possible the retailer who sold you them may be able to provide this to you.

There are a pair of 10 x 50 Trinovids for sale on Ebay - probably completely unconnected but it might be worth keeping an eye open for your kit there?

Andy Ledger said:
The scumbags will probably have sold them to feed their crack/smack habit by now.

sad but true! - they will be sold to someone for a tenner, probaly. the local scumbags wont know what they are worth........ :C

salty said:
sad but true! - they will be sold to someone for a tenner, probaly. the local scumbags wont know what they are worth........ :C

Indeed. A scumbag once offered me a 'hot' pair of mint £300 binoculars. He wanted £20 for them.

Offord said:
Indeed. A scumbag once offered me a 'hot' pair of mint £300 binoculars. He wanted £20 for them.

Bargain! Sorry, no.
What if they were stolen to feed an illicit birding habit?! Then where would we be?
Best of luck tracking them down.

Ranger James said:
Bargain! Sorry, no.
What if they were stolen to feed an illicit birding habit?! Then where would we be?
Best of luck tracking them down.

Or worse yet, by a jealous birding wife in an attempt to swart her husbands errant ways with those "Redheads" and the like!

Best,

Jeff Bouton
Port Charlotte, FL

Jeff Bouton said:
Or worse yet, by a jealous birding wife in an attempt to swart her husbands errant ways with those "Redheads" and the like!

Best,

Jeff Bouton
Port Charlotte, FL

To say nothing of White collared seed-eaters!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back