• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mystery bird quiz (2 Viewers)

nigelblake

don't re member
Just to prove that I do take some real dud images I got this today, I thought it would make a good mystery bird, I'll give it a day or so and then post one of the good shots with the answer.

Attachments

• img_2949.jpg
    img_2949.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 377
You don't know how reassuring that picture is for the rest of us Nigel!

Skylark as well.

It's not that re-assuring, Peter - his is in focus, mine never are, but I shall Percy Vere.

Tony

Shore lark! but the trousers are throwing me off the seem huge compared to most small birds?

Last edited:
Here is the same bird, my money was on Ashley being the one to get it right first, it is of course a Horned (Shore) Lark

Attachments

• shorelark_3021sb.jpg
    shorelark_3021sb.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 347
Well, at least I got the right family ...

The interest shown in all these ID pix leads me to enquire whether there would be any advantage in a separate 'Mystery Bird Quiz' forum. Anyone else think this'd be a good idea (son), or am I on my own again on this one ??

Tony

Yes Nigel, I think it's a good idea. Perhaps we could have one pic from several people and see who could id the most correctly. Once folk had entered their answers, by a certain date, correct answers could then be posted by those who submitted photos.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back