• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon DPP Assistance sought! (1 Viewer)

Jay23

Help! My Tool palette has disappeared! View . Tool Palette toggles the TP on and off in DPP but now the floating Palette has gone - I can use the docked palette by un docked theres no sign of it! Reinstalled the software but to no avail. Whats going on? I know this is a software question but it is Canon specific, hence the use of this thread. Any help greatly appreciated!

Chris

Kieth,

I have it set on docking display for both windows. If I change it to 'floating', It simply disappears!

Hoping you can shed some light on this mystery.

Cheers

Chris

It sounds like maybe it has positioned itself outside the boundary of the visible screen. Have you changed resolutions and made the resolutin smaller? Perhaps you could try "tiling the display" (XP) or showing the windows side by side (Vista) and see if that brings it back into view.

Failing that, I think somewhere buried in the registry Windows keeps track of the last known position and size of windows for every application. I'm not sure where to look and, of course, playing with the registry needs its own health warning, but maybe you can find something in there. In my registry there is this entry....

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Canon/DPP/ToolPosition - value = decimal 8,323,072

My display is 1920*1200, which is 2,304,000 pixels, so I have no idea what the value above means or even if it has any relevance at all.

FWIW there are a couple of other tool related values in my registry in this key....

ToolPaletteOpenMode = 2
Toolvisible = 1

Anyway, good luck :)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back