• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dunlins- wintering site fidelity (1 Viewer)

Lee C

Hi all

Just the other day I found a white darvic ringed Dunlin at my local patch at Dawlish Warren in south Devon. Great, but even better when I realised it was the very same bird seen several times during March 2015 (it was ringed in Poland in 2014).

This bird obviously demonstrates wintering fidelity, something I know to be true with Oystercatchers, but have never experienced it with actual recovery results from Calidrids.

I'm excited by this but wanted to ask the birding community to ask how common is this from other readers experiences?

I'm very much hoping this will generate some lively and informative input.

Regards

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back