• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White Mistle Thrush ?? (1 Viewer)

Nigel G

Is this a White Mistle Thrush ??

I last saw this bird on my local patch over a year ago in a field of mixed thrushes. As I didnt see it again after Mar 04 I called it as a Fieldfare and assumed it had migrated and not returned.

However, my local fieldfares disappeared about 3 weeks ago so when it turned up again today I thought Mistle Thrush. But if it is - where has it been for the last year - its not exactly hard to spot!

Attachments

• White Mistle 8.jpg
    White Mistle 8.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Thats's one funny looking bird.

On expression it reminds me of a fieldfare but in some ways looks to fat for either FF or MT.

wow! albino of viscivorus??? - I would prefer this instead of pilaris, don't ask me why. or is anybody going to tell me that this is no albino? but who tells us, this isn't just a fat white black bird?

lou salomon said:
wow! albino of viscivorus??? - I would prefer this instead of pilaris, don't ask me why. or is anybody going to tell me that this is no albino? but who tells us, this isn't just a fat white black bird?

It has a dark eye. Albino would be pink. I don't think it's a Mistle Thrush as I think the head is too big in proportion to the body. Could be wrong, though.

Does these help - not quite as sharp but perhaps better angles.

Attachments

• White Mistle 5.jpg
    White Mistle 5.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 192
  • White Mistle 9.jpg
    White Mistle 9.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 182
The very typical upright stance in pic 1 shouts Mistle to me.

Thats some bird Nigel, cannot ever recall reading of albinism or whatever in Mistles. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Stewart

:clap:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back