• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Duovid 8+12x42 (1 Viewer)

Birdbrain

"Birders do it in the Field"
United Kingdom
Just brought some leica duovid 8+12x42 thay are the best thing i own dont have to take telescope out every time i go out birding there the best of both worlds 8x for close viewing and 12x for detail best £££ pound ever spent.

Nice to see you like 'em. I believe a good pair of bins always adds to the enjoyment of birding. Steve Dudley (Birdwatching magazine) uses the Duovids, so you are in good company! I've tried quite a few new bins recently, but none has convinced me to part with my beloved 8x42 BA's. It's hard to justify the cost to the wife!
Good birding
Dave

Last edited:
Hello dave

Its like any thing you pay for quality thay are a lot of money but dam good binos as soon as i got them out thay were worth every penny, as for the wife im lucky as my wife is as keen on birding as i am and she has a new pair of bins now my old ones.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.
Or in my case.....You pays your money and the wife makes the choice!!!!
Anyway I always have the last word in any of our arguments........."Yes Dear"!!!!
LOL
Dave.

Congrats,
Have a good life together!
We have had a brilliant time for 2 years........been married for 16 years though!!!
Boom boom
Dave.

Great stuff
does your wife go birding with you as mine had no idea of birds til she met me now she cant wait til the weekends, her life list is 81 shes only been birding for one year bless.

Sorry,
Have just changed my signature.....
Saw Athlete in Cambridge last night.....AWESOME.
NO the wife does'nt go birding with me...a mutual agreement....and one I think I won!!! (for a change).
I couldn't afford another pair of decent bins!!!
Tee Hee
Dave.

What is athlete in cambridge is it a play or opera and did you see it in cambridge or what please advise.

Last edited:
Athlete.

Took daughter no.1 to see 'em last night.....I don't want to preach, (there's a change!!) but in my opinion they are THE best new British band to appear since Coldplay.
After last night's show....well ....all I can say is WOW!
Their 1st album is called 'Vehicles and Animals'....please copy/buy it!!....give it a few plays...it's a grower....but WHAT a grower.....I should receive royalties from the b#ggers!!!!
Dave.

ah ha and i thought it was a play see bird brain goes well dont it never herd of em, im only 30 feel old now and this thread started with a pair of bins.

I'm 40 and YES we should be talking of Bins!!
But what the hell! You've got some GREAT bins and so have I...
So what have you seen today?

Dave.

Had a good weekend on saturday morning bout 8ish at one of my local haunts had three treecreepers and a nuthatch all on the same tree, and redpoll at Rye Meads later that day ever been there.

I got Black winged Stilt, Spotted Redshank, Marsh Harrier, Purple Sandpiper, Velvet Scoter and Red Breasted Merganser to add to my year list.....but I didn't see any TreeCreepers!

Dave.

deboo said:
Nice to see you like 'em. I believe a good pair of bins always adds to the enjoyment of birding. Steve Dudley (Birdwatching magazine) uses the Duovids, so you are in good company

Ah yes, but he's a consultant to Leica so he would, wouldn't he? I don't imagine he paid for them....

I believe he helped with the development of the Duovids,
dunno whether he bought 'em for himself...just seems like a good bloke to me.....

Dave.

dogfish said:
Ah yes, but he's a consultant to Leica so he would, wouldn't he? I don't imagine he paid for them....

Which is why he is the ideal person to act as an impartial judge in the Bird Watching magazine optics surveys?

Leif said:
Which is why he is the ideal person to act as an impartial judge in the Bird Watching magazine optics surveys?

To be fair, I think he is listed as a 'compiler' of data in recent Birdwatching surveys rather than a member of the voting panel. Not an ideal situation though.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back