• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Song Sparrow? Southern California (1 Viewer)

Ostracod

Hi All,
I was on a hike this afternoon and spotted this small bird flitting around on the ground and in the underbrush of a mixed live oak canyon at about 2,500 ft elevation in the local foothills. It was getting dark and the bird would not sit still for more than a second so this was the best I could do in the way of a picture. There is a small stream in the canyon bottom but it goes dry about a 1/2 mile further up from where I spotted the bird. My best guess from my California Birds book is a Song Sparrow, but when I check for nearby sightings on my Audubon app the nearest are at the coast, about 30 miles away. Thoughts?
Thanks,
Craig

IMG_1902.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back