• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Extremadura (1 Viewer)

johnraven

Any recommendations for accommodation somewhere around Trujillo for a long weekend end of April? Not sure whether its better to be in town (for access to restaurants and boozeries) or in some plush finca out of town. Also if there are any hoteliers likely to be brimming with info about bird sites that would be helpful.

Has anyone been there recently? Too early for up-to-date spring info, but soon I guess.

Thanks

John

I have stayed here http://www.fincasantamarta.com/ The accommodation and food are good and the gardens of the hotel contain many good birds - Azure-winged Magpie, ST Treecreeper and White Stork nesting on the roof. We also had Scops Owl in the trees in the garden on a couple of nights.

Any recommendations for accommodation somewhere around Trujillo for a long weekend end of April? Not sure whether its better to be in town (for access to restaurants and boozeries) or in some plush finca out of town. Also if there are any hoteliers likely to be brimming with info about bird sites that would be helpful.

Has anyone been there recently? Too early for up-to-date spring info, but soon I guess.

Thanks

John

Have sent you a PM John

Stewart

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back