• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with 990 ,please (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
Can anyone please advise.I have just spent two hours trying to put these settings on this camera as Andy suggests.When pressing the function 1 button and turning the dial(in M rec)there is no "S" shutter priority,or "M" full manual,or "A" aperture priority.Apparently the latter is what is needed.It goes from ISO100-400,then it goes to a small Auto sign ,and that is all.I cannot find the "A" sign.In the bottom left hand corner,there is P or P*.Am I doing something wrong,or is perhaps the camera faulty,it is a used model.Or are these settings normal for this model as opposed to the 4500.The P is always there in the bottom left hand corner,and I think it should be "A" but cannot seem to find it.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thankyou

christineredgat said:
Can anyone please advise.I have just spent two hours trying to put these settings on this camera as Andy suggests.When pressing the function 1 button and turning the dial(in M rec)there is no "S" shutter priority,or "M" full manual,or "A" aperture priority.Apparently the latter is what is needed.It goes from ISO100-400,then it goes to a small Auto sign ,and that is all.I cannot find the "A" sign.In the bottom left hand corner,there is P or P*.Am I doing something wrong,or is perhaps the camera faulty,it is a used model.Or are these settings normal for this model as opposed to the 4500.The P is always there in the bottom left hand corner,and I think it should be "A" but cannot seem to find it.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thankyou
Hi Christine,
When I got my 990 from ebay I had a similar problem and I got round it by reverting to the default settings first, then setting the camera up manually from there. I can't remember offhand how to revert to default but it must be in the manual somewhere or I wouldn't have had a clue!
Hope this helps
Woody

I have a 995 and to reset to the default settings.
Put mode dial to M
Press menu button
Select menu 2
At the bottom is a C select this and reset all settings to default setting.
Hope this helps.

Hold down the mode button and turn the dial,this should alter the Exposure mode between Shutter-priority,Aperture-Priority and Manual.
Geoff

This is exactly the same problem I've been having with my newly acquired used 990. I've been trying for days to find that 'A', and I get the same result as Christine. I'll try putting everything back to default and starting over.

Bev

Thanks,Ian,I gave up in the end and sold the camera!!.I am now using the little Contax as a back up to the 4500.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back