• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eyepeice interchange Kowa Spotting Scopes (1 Viewer)

slingworks

Hello

Does anyone know if I can use a zoom eyepiece from a Kowa TS-614 on my TSN 82sv? I have an 82sv and agreed to purchase a TS-614 that has the zoom eyepiece. I have different uses in mind, but would be great to know in advance.

Thanks for the advice!

Hi,

yes, all small bayonet Kowa spotters (basically everything called TSN except 5xx, 77x and 88x series) share the same EPs.

The magnification will be a bit higher than stated as it has a slightly longer focal length of 450mm than the others (420mm).

Some Opticron EPs work in older Kowa TSN 1/2/3/4 bodies but not in newer models.

Joachim

Hi,
I compiled some information of all of you and internet in this table.
Regards
Yves

Attachments

• Equivalency tables 1.jpg
    Equivalency tables 1.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back