• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are There Any Monopod Extensions? (1 Viewer)

new_texas_birder

I have googled it but cannot come up with anything.

I have a Slik Pro Pod 600. It is 63", however I am 6'2" and I wish it was a little taller. 3-4 inches probably. It works 80% of the time for me, but when taking pictures up in trees I always have to either lift the whole thing up or awkwardly lean down or kneel.

Thank you for your help!

Coke can or some other substitute should give you the height, just rest the monopod on that. I've used rocks, bricks, even my foot to rest the monopod on to gain a little height.

Are you using a tilt head? A Manfrotto 234 (RC) or Sirui L-10 would give you another 7-8 cm.
I've never really understood why the majority of monopods are so short. There would be no significant cost or weight factor in making them a little longer.

John

Are you using a tilt head? A Manfrotto 234 (RC) or Sirui L-10 would give you another 7-8 cm.
I've never really understood why the majority of monopods are so short. There would be no significant cost or weight factor in making them a little longer.

John

I have the same head on top of a Sirui P424 mono pod - it is 69 1/2 inches tall.
The mono pod is very strong (bought it to support a Canon 600 F4 lens) and the L10 head is ok for loads of up to 3 or 4 kilo.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back