• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stacked Converters (1 Viewer)

What I'm trying to say is that as the camera is set to f8 that's what the aperture blades would close to at the moment you take the shot which means that you'd have stopped down to the same amount of light that is supposed to be hitting the sensor with the two TC's on so it balances out, no f11. With you using the 2 2x's then you'd have to select f11 for it to balance out even though you'd still be able to selct larger apertures but they'd give false exposures. Does that sound like it makes any sense?

Anyhoow. I think the short and sweet of it is from all of us for the OP is that yes you can use stacked TC's and with some excellent results.

Is there a particular order that a 1.4 and 2x should be stacked or does it not matter? I didn't seem to get this from the thread so far.

Many Thanks

Jamie

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back