• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 7d m11 (1 Viewer)

katholdbird

Hi All has anyone bought anything from Panamoz they are selling the Canon 7d m11 about £300.00 cheaper that other retailers or is it if it sounds to good to be true beware.

My pal, Rob (GYRob) has just bought the camera from this company without problem. Ordered last Thursday/Friday and delivered Monday (N.E.Lincs). Out using it today.

Regards, Neil

I have never bought off of Panamoz but have used Hdew another gray importer a fair bit, all dealings with them have been fine. Just waiting for Hdew to get the 7D2 in stock, I suspect it will be around £1150-£1199 and they give a free 3 year guarantee with most Canon Cameras.

Are you purchasing Roy, will be great if so and hear your experiences. Got mine but as Murphy's law dictates confined to house ill!!!!

Cheers

Phil

Are you purchasing Roy, will be great if so and hear your experiences. Got mine but as Murphy's law dictates confined to house ill!!!!

Cheers

Phil
I hope all is well with you Phil, must be bummer having a new toy and not being able to get out with it.
I have not made my mind up yet Phil, but if I do get back into bird snapping then it will almost certainly be with a 7D2.

I have never bought off of Panamoz but have used Hdew another gray importer a fair bit, all dealings with them have been fine. Just waiting for Hdew to get the 7D2 in stock, I suspect it will be around £1150-£1199 and they give a free 3 year guarantee with most Canon Cameras.

Hi Roy I have bought lens from Hdew but wondered how you stand if you buy a camera and its recalled will Canon honour the guarantee o:)

Just recd email off HDEW to tell me that they will have 12 x 7d2 units in next week,selling for £1349.00 plus £9.99 postage,selling on a first come first served basis.

Bob

Hi Roy I have bought lens from Hdew but wondered how you stand if you buy a camera and its recalled will Canon honour the guarantee o:)
Cannot see any reason why not Kath, its still a Canon Camera made in the same factory(s) as any other Camera. As for usual Warranty repairs Hdew offer a free 3 year warranty and they use authorised Canon UK repairers. BTW I have even successfully claimed a Canon cashback on a 'grey' Camera even though Canon and dealers like Hdew say that you can't.

Last edited:
Just recd email off HDEW to tell me that they will have 12 x 7d2 units in next week,selling for £1349.00 plus £9.99 postage,selling on a first come first served basis.

Bob
Dearer that what I expected from Hdew Bob but I guess they are not immune from cashing in on early adopters that must have the Camera right away. I am sure you will see a lot lower price than this in a few months. I well remember when the original 7D came out it was £1800 to begin with in the UK but fell to around £1200 within 12 weeks or so (with the grey importers being cheaper still).

I hope all is well with you Phil, must be bummer having a new toy and not being able to get out with it.
I have not made my mind up yet Phil, but if I do get back into bird snapping then it will almost certainly be with a 7D2.

Roy, it is and now the weather is c**p. Never mind can read up and watch videos on the subject. Next week hopefully.

Cheers

Phil

Hi All has anyone bought anything from Panamoz they are selling the Canon 7d m11 about £300.00 cheaper than other retailers or is it if it sounds to good to be true beware.

If VAT hasn't been included that's 20% on top which doesn't make it particularly attractive as it's a grey import.

http://www.birdforum.net/showpost.php?p=3104079&postcount=194

Dearer that what I expected from Hdew Bob but I guess they are not immune from cashing in on early adopters that must have the Camera right away.

I would like to adopt this camera if someone has one they want me to look after for a while. :t:

p.s. not knocking you Roy, I used the term on the other thread, probably for the last time though as it doesn't seem appropriate reading it back.

I would like to adopt this camera if someone has one they want me to look after for a while. :t:

p.s. not knocking you Roy, I used the term on the other thread, probably for the last time though as it doesn't seem appropriate reading it back.
lol :-O according to wikepedia another name for an 'early adopter' is a 'Lighthouse Customer' or one that is a referred to as a trendsetter.

Ref the OP's original question about Panamoz.

I just bought a Canon 6D plus 24-105 L zoom from them at a great price. They have been great at answering queries and delivery from HK was very quick indeed. Camera arrived yesterday, everything fine. UK manual,, UK adapter for charger,, just needed to change camera menu to English. 3yr warranty included with Panamoz themselves, but utilising UK repairers (same arrangement as Hdew). Have seen reports on forums from folks who have had to invoke the Panamoz warranty and they have been happy with the service.

Previously bought a 70D from Hdew and they were great also. But Panamoz prices do seem to be even lower!

Ref the OP's original question about Panamoz.

I just bought a Canon 6D plus 24-105 L zoom from them at a great price. They have been great at answering queries and delivery from HK was very quick indeed. Camera arrived yesterday, everything fine. UK manual,, UK adapter for charger,, just needed to change camera menu to English. 3yr warranty included with Panamoz themselves, but utilising UK repairers (same arrangement as Hdew). Have seen reports on forums from folks who have had to invoke the Panamoz warranty and they have been happy with the service.

Previously bought a 70D from Hdew and they were great also. But Panamoz prices do seem to be even lower!
If Panamoz are sending from HK Nick then I assume no VAT has been paid! In this case the buyer in this country would be deemed to be the importer so they would be responsible to pay the VAT. Failure to do so would surely be breaking the law I guess? Could be wrong on this so if anyone knows different please clarify.

Things would appear to be different with the likes of Hdew as they dispatch from the UK (the end buyer is not the importer) so the buyer is entitled to assume that VAT has already been paid - this has always been the same with Kerso (flash cameras) who grey imports from the states but dispatches from Scotland.

Last edited:
Roy, I don't think there is anything illegal. Here is what Panamoz website says:

"Q. Will I have to pay any import taxes and duties, such as VAT?

A. You will not have to pay any. Our prices are all inclusive. All import and customs charges will be covered by us fully, and will be billed to our shipping account directly. You will not be billed."

Roy, I don't think there is anything illegal. Here is what Panamoz website says:

"Q. Will I have to pay any import taxes and duties, such as VAT?

A. You will not have to pay any. Our prices are all inclusive. All import and customs charges will be covered by us fully, and will be billed to our shipping account directly. You will not be billed."
Yep, I have seen that on their site Nick but that is not to say that they are actually charging UK VAT but just that you will not have to pay it.

Having read a bit more I think what seems happens with these companies is that they import into this country to a shipping agent or the likes and if they get caught for VAT so be it they pay up (but do not pass it on) but probably most stuff gets in OK without being checked as they are just single packages (often mislabeled by saying it is a gift or has a false low value). This is typical of a quote I saw recently with regards to them although I guess it could apply to most grey importers "I placed and order very recently and requested a VAT invoice made out to my LTD company - only to be told that they do not charge VAT as they do not pay it". Maybe even Uk based firms like Hdew do it this way although they will supply a VAT invoice if requested I believe.

I bought a SX40 from a very well know grey importer once and there was some kind of customs form in the package which stated that the item value was £29 When I actually paid around £250 if I remember right. Since then I have always tried to use a UK based company (although who knows what the heck is going on these day in this global economy and web based businesses).

I guess at the end of the day if the consumer in this country is getting a good buy then that is all that matters although it is hard for genuine UK companies to compete.

Out of interest do they show VAT has been paid on their invoice?

p.s how are you finding the 24-105? I quite fancy one myself to go with my full frame Cam (5D3) as the 17-40 is often to wide. Have you ever tried a 17-40 if so how do they compare up to 40mm?

Last edited:
I'm pleased with the 24-105 Roy, but can't comment on the 17-40 as I have never had one (or tried one) - I had only ever had APS-C cameras up until just now with the 6D.

I am actually thinking about adding a wide angle zoom for my 6D, so was thinking of a 17-40 or maybe a 16-35 f2.8 Mk2, but not sure I can justify the extra cost of the latter! (Maybe get a secondhand 16-35 as a compromise?).

Happy snapping,
Nick

I recently bought a Canon tilt-shift (i.e. not cheap) lens from Panamoz with quick service, great price and well packaged for shipment. Despite Hdew being a favourite supplier of mine since they supplied my 5D3 2.5 years ago I would struggle to ignore the Panamoz pricing, especially with BACS discount and three year warranty.

However, until Adobe releases raw support in Lightroom I am in no rush to buy and will happily wait for the price cuts which will surely come. Then I will review suppliers pricing and overall risk/warranty/convenience/value etc before making my final supplier choice. I suspect it will either be Panamoz or Hdew who get my money.

I recently bought a Canon tilt-shift (i.e. not cheap) lens from Panamoz with quick service, great price and well packaged for shipment. Despite Hdew being a favourite supplier of mine since they supplied my 5D3 2.5 years ago I would struggle to ignore the Panamoz pricing, especially with BACS discount and three year warranty.

However, until Adobe releases raw support in Lightroom I am in no rush to buy and will happily wait for the price cuts which will surely come. Then I will review suppliers pricing and overall risk/warranty/convenience/value etc before making my final supplier choice. I suspect it will either be Panamoz or Hdew who get my money.

+1 :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back