• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MM3 60 with monopod (1 Viewer)

Gander

I am thinking about getting a monopod to use with my MM3 60. I currently use a Velbon 200R tripod, but would like to reduce the weight I am carrying on longer hikes. I don't however want to sacrifice viewing stability.

Anyone got any experience of using the MM3 on a monopod?

I use a Gitzo monopod with my 60mm Nikon Fieldscope and 30x75 Swarovski draw tube, quite satisfactorily. The advantage with the Gitzo is the ability to use either a short metal spike or a longer one which is about 4" long.
The longer spike works well in soil, moorland,salt marsh and sand and it helps stability.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back