• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

couple of new titles (1 Viewer)

brunop

"Life List: A Woman's Quest for the World's Most Amazing Birds" a biography of phoebe snetsinger should be interesting. i think it's out at the end of this month here in the us. i will certainly read this.

also picked up "lars jonsson's birds" out now from princeton u press. this is a great book by a great artist. very interesting commentary in it as well.

highly recommended.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Life List compares with Snetsinger's own memoir, Birding on Borrowed Time. One thing's for certain, it is truly a remarkable story.

And that Lars Jonsson book really is beautiful.

I have Lars Jonsson's earlier book "Birds and Light", also published by Princeton. How does the new one compare to the first?

Sorry, I've heard of, but have never seen, "Birds and Light".
However, there is a note in the new book saying that none of the art had been published in books previously (with the exception of the field guide art). So at the very least there should be little, or no, duplication of art between the two books.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back