• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

october birding (1 Viewer)

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
I was thinking about Arizona for a quick birding trip, which I still am but have a daughter in NJ and thought that might be a fun time as well. What is birding like in Cape May or Forsythe National Refuge? ...thanks in advance... jim

Hi Imans66,
The fall migration season is in full swing, so the New Jersey sites are hopping. Forsyth is just a hop away from Cape May, so you can make it a day trip. Just avoid Atlantic City's one armed bandits.
Cape May has their big fall bash Oct 23-24, so accommodations might be a bit tight then, otherwise you're fine. Do note the shorebirds have mostly gone already, but afaik the Brown Booby is still at Cape May.

Also heading to Cape May this weekend after the Easton waterfowl festival and Annapolis. My lovely tour guide (wife) has booked all the motels and she gave me five hours for birding in the Cape. I need one good hotspot to go birding on sunday afternoon next weekend the 13th. Any good suggestions.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back