• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Hong Kong (1 Viewer)

hk97us

Always love bird photography but taking slides basck in the 70's were expensive and low success. I now have D70 and Sigma 135-400mm and Sigma 70-300mm, the tools I need. Hope to learn more from frineds in this great forum. Here in Hong Kong there are little countryside birding but there is an aviary in the city park. Also, I had a trip to San Diego last month and got some worthwhile photos IMHO.

Hi,

Just thought I'd add the comments that there are some great areas for bird photography in HK. If you join WWF you can get access to the amazing Mai Po marshes. If you fancy something less organised there are always photographers in the forest reserve at Tai Po Kau - great for some typical HK birds and some rarities too (particularly from Sept-May). Shing Mun country park is easy walking and has lots of birds. Even the parks below and around the Peak have some approachable wild birds that are worth checking out. Thinking about it, Kowloon Park itself is an ideal place to start out from - lots of common birds that are fairly used to people...

A good friend of mine has a great HK based website at http://www.drmartinwilliams.com which might give you some more ideas.

Hope that helps - have fun and good luck,

Charlie

www.charliesbirdblog.com

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back