• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nearest Aberystwyth Ringers (1 Viewer)

donall_x

I wonder if anyone knows any ringers around the Aberystwyth area -I'm still waiting on a reply from the BTO, but would be very keen to get involved, having done quite a bit of ringing in Kenya...anyone?

Thanks,
Donall

Hi Donall,
if i were you i would keep on at the BTO, i know they are busy this time of year but no excuse for not getting back to you with names & addresses, there are enough people working there after all.
They have been very slow with returns in the past (ring numbers sent in/bird sightings) so lets hope this has been sorted too. good luck if you get to Aber

Thanks wizard, I'll do that. I am in Aber already -studying Zoology -whereabouts are you in S Wales -and are you a ringer?

Diolch,
Dónall

Hiya,
Can't say I know of any bird ringers in Aber or in the area and this is my fifth year as a student year.

Are you in touch with Hywel, the county recorder, he might be able to tell you if there's any ringing going on?

this is his email:

hywel AT adar.freeserve.co.uk

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
hi Donall
leave me a personl message with your email in & i will get back to you on this.
i am often up that way

all the best

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back