• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yellow-rumped warbler (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
This bird is fast becoming one of my favorites to photograph. They are only here at the beach for a few short months during the winter but they travel in large flocks and if they become used to you as you are sitting still, they will fly down and take a closer look. A very interactive bird.

Attachments

• 0112yellowrump2hr.jpg
    0112yellowrump2hr.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 201
KC, that is one terrific photo of a Yellow-rump. Is that a digiscoped photo? Please give us some equipment details and thanks for sharing.

KC, that is a perfect shot! It shows the yellow by on it's sides AND on it's rump! That's one for the books! I heard someplace else that they are also called "butterbutts"! I love that....

I ID'ed my first one this fall. They sure don't sit still long...

Good morning from the South!

Marysan, that was taken with the oly 700 and b300. For these guys I usually use the P mode with the macro setting cause as I sit/stand there they usually come fairyly close and rather than fidget with the converter I just back off on the zoom.

Thank you Ian. I appreciate you saying that ;)

Yup Donna, they are better known as the butter butts and as I said earlier they are a delight to photograph. Thank you.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back