• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with scopecase PLEASE (1 Viewer)

cwoods

Hi all, first time poster hear and am in need of help. The other day I bought a Nikon Fieldscope ED82 with the zoom eyepiece NIB from an individual off of Craigslist and he couldn't find the case/cover that goes with it.
I spent the morning hitting the local places In Anchorage that I thought might have a cover or soft case that might work for me with no luck. Since I have been Internet searching with no luck there either.
Anyone no where to find some protection for this scope without adding too much extra bulk? Mabey even one that will house a packable tripod as well?
Thanks in advance for any help. This setup will be used for bunting the high country here in Alaska if that helps.

Hmm, I just wrap my scope like a mummy with McNett camo wrap for protection. But if you are looking for a transport case for hunting, I like the Badlands backpacks I've seen. Several of their models have dedicated scope compartments.

What you´ve got is an awesome scope. I used to have the same model, and I bought a Nikon Fieldscope stay-on case, which I wouldn´t recommend. All the flaps, etc., simply make it more unstable in high winds. Go with RJM´s suggestions, wrap it in camo-tape, or bicycle handlebar tape, if you want to "armour" it or make it more tactile. Enjoy the scope, the case is totally unecessary!:t:

Last edited:
Very good idea and I think I'll try the tape trick for sure. What I'm after though is a case soft preferably that isn't much bigger than the scope that may also contain the Promaster carbon T525P tripod I ordered today.
See I just want to make sure it isn't clanging and banging around in the cargo box on the back of my 4-wheeler.
Where I'll be moose hunting this year is 36 miles in off the road system through rough terrain just to where I'll start walking.
I could just wrap it in whatnot before packing it but thought it would be nice to have a case for keeping it at camp as well.

Doug at Cameraland turned my on to the company Optech and I ordered a neoprene spotter sleeve( as well as the new harness for the Minox HG 10x43 I ordered today!!!!!) so I'll probably just come up with something generic for the case, just figured someone may have the same scope and found the same type case/bag that fits this piece good.
Sancho's.... you made me feel good about my purchase with your opinions on the scope. I am not knowledgable in this dept and was going to get the Pentax 65 new untill seeing this unit NIB on Craigslist and buying it.
Cover included or not I feel I did okay with him accepting my offer of 800.00

Cover included or not I feel I did okay with him accepting my offer of 800.00

You bagged yourself a real bargain there! The Nikon ED82 scope is the equal of the top Euro-scopes, at a fraction of the cost. I sold mine because I wasn´t happy with the narrow FOV of the zoom - but the 30xw eyepiece was sublime. And if you don´t need wide FOV, the zoom is superb - crisp and clear up to 65x, at least!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back