• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Delkin USB3 Card reader & card compatability? (1 Viewer)

davem

Hi all,

after taking delivery of my 2nd of the above readers (1st one kept appearing & disappearing from my PC) I can get it to read all bar one of my cards.

It's fine with the Sandisk (older) Ultra II 15MB/s 4GB CF card and Extreme III 30MB/s 2GB & 4GB CF cards but doesn't want to know the newer Ultra 30MB/s 8GB card which typically is my main card that I use...

All of the above CF cards appear and can be read fine in my ancient Sandisk USB 2 CF reader.

Anyone else experienced this phenomenon? As you can imagine it's a real pain as USB 3 gives me much faster transfer but looks like it too will be going back in favour of something else but wondered if anyone else had found anything similar?

ATB,
Dave.

I used to have lots of hassles in the past with various readers and eventually standardised on the Lexar dual slot reader with a couple of Sandisk readers for interfacing with cards from other people. I havn't tested the latest one - as I am still on USB 2, but they do seem ultra reliable (on Windows). They do cost more than some I am afraid, but have never let me down so far. Reviews seem to agree with me.

Looking at the Delkin reviews - it does seem to be 50 50 in whether it it will work for you and seems to have annoyed a few people and isn't cheap either.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back