• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fieldscope eyepiece thread size? (1 Viewer)

Kapu

Does anyone know the thread specification for the eyepiece socket on the ED82? I'm interested in experimenting with a custom adapter for astro use. I can't find this information in any of Nikon's manuals. Thanks.

Just measured the thread on my eyepiece, seems to be 32mm O/D, with a pitch of 0.5mm
Hope that helps.
Tom

On behalf of the staff, welcome to the Birdforum. Along with Tom's info above, I'd also suggest an email to Nikon asking the same question as some of their camera lens threads are "Nikon" standards rather than an industry standard. Hopefully they'll respond.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back