• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cornell Home Study Course review wanted (1 Viewer)

Larryq22

Has anyone taken the Cornell Ornithology Lab's Home Study Course? I recently purchased the Handbook of Bird Biology and am wondering what the course offers that can't be learned by reading the Handbook.
Thanks, Larry (Lexington, KY)

I completed the course in 2011. I found it rewarding.
The tests are actually challenging. The first chapter test is easy,
but there were some chapter tests I found challenging. They've designed the tests
in such a way to make you understand fully certain concepts and think deeply about them.
You get feedback
from the instructors and can ask them questions at anytime. I received some very
indepth answers from one of the Ornithologists. They take time to get back to you however
since their schedules are busy. I think you can even call them directly.

I've only met one other person who took the course, an elderly man who runs a local photography
museum, and he said the same things I've stated above about the course.

I thought it was well worth it and I liked receiving my little certificate.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back