• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some Amateur Questions (1 Viewer)

TheSeagull

Had a Panasonic FZ28 for a few months now, very pleased with it. I've heard some things about teleconverters and that, what is a teleconverter actually? And is it possible to get extra lenses for it like macro etc.?

Hi Calvin,

A teleconverter (for a camera like yours) it's a lens that you'll have to put in front of the camera lens (using an adapter). The teleconverter multiply the focal lenght of the camera lens with a factor like 1.4, 1.5, 1.7, 2 etc. For your camera I would suggest the Olympus TCON 1.7. There are also some options for adding a macro lens. Take a look here:
http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/fz18/index.htm

Thank you, so basically with my current 18x zoom with the TCON 1.7 I would effectively get 30.6x? Would the DMW-LA3 adaptor work with the TCON 1.7? And what is the "best" Raynox lens? The DCR-250 looked good as did the MSN-202 and MSN-505.

Last edited:
With the TCON 1.7 you'll have a maximum focal lenght about 820 mm equiv. in 35 mm. I suppose that the TCON-1 will work with DMW-LA3, but you'll have to wait for an input from someone who use it...
For the Raynox DCR-250 you'll need the DMW-LA3 adaptor.

Last edited:
Thanks, I've looked around and everything points to the TCON 17 working with the DMW-LA3, is there any difference between the DMW-LA3 and DMW-LA3 E?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back