• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tokina/Tamron slr lenses. (1 Viewer)

stevo

Anybody using either of the above makes?I would be interested to hear what people think of them(image quality etc).

Regards Steve B :) ;)

I used a Tamron 80-210mm zoom on an Olympus OM10 SLR for about 20 years and found the quality to be thoroughly excellent.

It was comparable to Olympus own-brand lenses in quality, but considerably cheaper.

I haven't bought lenses for a while but Tamron are very highly regarded (similar to Sigma in quality) and have been around a long time; Tokina are usually less expensive but in the tests I've seen generally of a fairly high quality.

Thanks for your replies,I`ve just bought the Canon eos 10d & have borrowed a Canon lens from my father,so when we get some decent weather I will be having a play.I am not in any great hurry to buy a lens just having a look around to see what`s on offer.
Regards Steve.

I use a Tokina 100-400 f4.5-6.7 zoom lens on my Canon 10D which I find gives excellent results. The only downside is the rather small maximum aperture at full zoom. You can see some examples using this lens featured in my gallery.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back