• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica 16-48 eyepiece (1 Viewer)

Blincodave

Can anyone explain the difference between the Mark 1 and Mark 2 version. I think it was something to do with fitting a locking nut because the eyepiece began to untighten from the body as the zoom was used. If so, was this a real problem?

Also, anyone got one for sale?

Thanks

Dave

There are actually 3 versions of the Leica 20-60x (or 16-48x on the 62mm 'scope)

Catalogue no.41001...... The first version from the initial release of the Televid 77 range. Has an eyecup sleeve which pulls straight up. Marked 20-60x only.

Catalogue no.41005 ...... The second version can be distinguished from the first as it has a twist up eyecup sleeve. The optics are improved in this model. Marked 20-60x (for the Televid 77) and 16-48x (for the Televid 62)

Catalogue no.41012...... This is the same as 41005 but has a pin and locking mechanism mounted on the side to fit into the hole on the later Televid 62 and 77 bodies.

If you do not have the 41012 version and the eyepiece is moving when you turn the zoom ring there is a simple fix to tighten the bayonet

I'd noticed that one Richard. I guess it reflects the original retail price but rather more than I would wish to spend really.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back