• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Matt's watercolors (1 Viewer)

Very fine rana there Matty - frogs are among my most favourite of all creatures (sorry Nick) - just looking at how to make provision for them at home right now.
Hey John
We've gotten used to them, but not sure about the neighbors...!
Sorry to hear you get along with the amphibs better than the locals . . . ;)

Thanks! I'm a big fan of frogs and toads... but the salamanders might be my favorite amphibians. Once the warblers move through its a great time for tipping rocks and looking for salamanders.

That's a very fine froggy Matt. Around here the marsh frogs have started up, it's pretty impressive when they all sing together.

Mike

We have some good nesting birds in the yard this spring. Chickadees, mourning dove, and of course the robins...

Attachments

• robinnest.gif
    robinnest.gif
    174.5 KB · Views: 52
Great piece on the robins, Matt! So far we haven't had any nesters in our yard, but plenty of feeders. We added yard bird # 90 to our yard life list a week ago - an Orange-crowned Warbler stopped by for a bath. I think there is a Rufous Hummingbird nest nearby given the visitors to our hummer feeder, but haven't found it yet.

Lovely robins Matt, it's particularly nice to see it go from the worked up, finished 'inner' to the less finished 'outer'. It concentrates the subject brilliantly.

Mike

Thanks! This drawing wasn't terribly cooperative in the beginning. My eraser got a work out. In the end I was really happy with it.

John, I'd love to add an orange-crowned warbler to my yard list!

Eastern Phoebe pencil drawing. I always hoped they'd nest on our property. I even made some nesting shelves for them with the kids, but they always preferred our neighbor's deck.

Attachments

• EPheobe.gif
    EPheobe.gif
    113.7 KB · Views: 55
Lovely - although rendered in such a seemingly controlled and crafetd fashion, your drawings always have so much life contained within. Splendid.

Thanks Tim, what a compliment!
Colleen, hopefully I'll get a chance to paint this one. Its been a really busy spring. Lots of drawing, but no painting.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back