• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CP4500 software (1 Viewer)

Ashley beolens

Breeding the next generation of birders.
After each photo I take the camera adjusts the pic on the screen so it is fully in focus, When I upload it to my computer the software does the same, but when I look at the saved image it is usually out of focus? what am I doing wrong? why is it not saving the focused image but instead saving the slightly off one?

Ashley, when viewing on the display, and through the Nikonview software (I think), the picture is sharpened. This is just whilst displaying the file, to get the same effect on your final file you'll need to apply 'unsharp mask' filter in photoshop.

I've tried that but its doesn't come out as crisp, whether I do it manually through the unsharpe mask or manually through the auto. I can't believe there is no way to save the sharpened image straight off.

I find with both my cameras (4500 & D60) that the LCD shows a brilliantly sharp pic after taking shot, but when getting it into photoshop later it is sometimes a disappointment.

Sorry Ashley I'm out of ideas :(

The pic that you can see, when you go to the review mode on the LCD is heavily sharpened, so that it seems to be in focus when viewing onto the LCD of the camera.
If you want to see, if it's really sharp, then go into the review mode , switch to the pic you want to see and then zoom the pic at 6x or 4x, whatever your camera is beeing able to in the review mode, and scoll the pic to the birds eye. If it's sharp at maybe 6x, there are good chances that it is sharp on your computer monitor too.
There is no other way, to check the photo just after the shot.

I know that problem, you shoot birds, at the display they look great, and at home at the monitor then comes the big disappintment. To Zoom in the review mode seems to be the only way to control the shot...

Greetz,
Gerd

There are two distinct views in the camera.... the real-time image and the review image. The real-time image always looks sharper, even more so when the 'focus confirmation' setting is in use.

Only the review image shows sharpening, though in-camera sharpening is quite subtle (compared to USM in Photoshop) and not really noticed on a tiny monitor such as the one on the cp4500. 'Focus confirmation' doesn't show on the review image (it does on the cp990, maybe the cp995?)

As Gerd says, you can judge the worth of an image by zooming in while in review.
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back