• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (4 Viewers)

Very nice, Arthur! I keep hoping to wake up one day, check the birds in the back yard and find one of these guys poking around waiting to be sketched. OK, back to reality now...! ;)

Very nice, Arthur! I keep hoping to wake up one day, check the birds in the back yard and find one of these guys poking around waiting to be sketched. OK, back to reality now...! ;)

I think I might have just read about one or two appearing somewhere on east coast of US. But I quickly closed the email. As much as I'd love to see these lovely birds I'm not up for a many hundred mile trip in winter weather. These will have to suffice!

Lovely lappy, Arthur. What I like about your style is that you seem to have a very deft touch with the pencil, with subtle gradations in tone and value - cxxxxt I sound like an art teacher. Whereas my style often looks like my pencil's been held with the toddler-like full-fist grip - not like you'd be taught in art school!

Russ

between sorting out a lappy pic. Iv'e had a clear out and found some black and white drawings done about 20 years ago. these were done from paintings in the readers digest Book of British Birds . Pub. 1969. Pen and ink and pencil. Black and white dosen't age ( alright I know I'me an old rinkly).

Attachments

• L1010198.jpg
    L1010198.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 52
  • L1010199.jpg
    L1010199.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 43
  • L1010200.jpg
    L1010200.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 50
  • L1010201.jpg
    L1010201.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 50
  • L1010202.jpg
    L1010202.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 41
These are superb, Arthur - and much more lively than H-Ching's originals. I recognised them from the thumbnails immediately. The blackcock is very nice indeed.

These are superb, Arthur - and much more lively than H-Ching's originals. I recognised them from the thumbnails immediately. The blackcock is very nice indeed.

Indeed, he menacing Kestrel is burnt into my memory. What a lovely book it was, I seem to remember rendering a copy of the Wyneck!
Copied or not, these are superb. The Sparrowhawk is tremendously rendered, technically very impressive indeed. Thanks for posting...

Indeed, he menacing Kestrel is burnt into my memory. What a lovely book it was, I seem to remember rendering a copy of the Wyneck!
Copied or not, these are superb. The Sparrowhawk is tremendously rendered, technically very impressive indeed. Thanks for posting...

Have to agree with everyone else about how striking these are. But not having seen the originals I wonder where they also pen and ink? Either way I'm really impressed at how rich they are tonally. And I'm even more impressed if the originals weren't also pen and ink.

Ta all they were good practice.
Ken for you as you have no ref.
Some sketches from yesterday. some more lapwings and some shapes of a Grey Heron fishing in a drain using the shadow of the bankto see them.

Attachments

• scan 13-02-2011 15h07m44s.jpg
    scan 13-02-2011 15h07m44s.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 62
  • L1010205.jpg
    L1010205.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 66
  • L1010206.jpg
    L1010206.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 75
  • L1010207.jpg
    L1010207.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 51
  • L1010208.jpg
    L1010208.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 64
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back