Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Saturday 30th December 2006, 18:48   #1
oldbaldman

Luxon 45 deg scope thoughts pls

I have found a Luxon 20 - 60 x 70 scope for sale but i can not find out anything about Luxon. Does anyone here (bound to be) know anything about them, who makes them,build quailty, lens quality etc?

cheers in anticipation and also many thanx in the same.

obm
Old Sunday 21st January 2007, 11:25   #2
Martijn E

Smile

Used to own a Luxon 20-45 x 60 scope. They are sold for about $100 in the Netherlands. What can you expect for such a price?

It must be made somewhere in China. And it's clear that it is made as cheap as possible. But i loved mine. Strong and not a toy. Expect a "dark" and yellow image and blur at higher magnification. (> 35x). But it's useable and perfect in price/performance.

Regards, Martijn
Old Sunday 21st January 2007, 19:48   #3
oldbaldman

the seller wanted 200 odd for this and I did not pursue it. Thanx tho.

obm
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: