• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A British recovery. (1 Viewer)

Hi Fernando,

Which bird species did you control with British rings? These birds could have been ringed in Gibraltar as well, because they use BTO rings. They could be also some of the birds that were ringed in Smir marshes in northern Morocco between 2004 and 2008. When they respond, you will know where your recoveries have been ringed. Good luck.

Regards

Sorry, I checked the blog but I didn’t go much down. We ringed here (Smir marshes, Morocco) some blackcaps and had a French control. We had also many other recoveries, mainly from Spain, Belgium and Britain/Ireland.

A Brithis recovery.

Dear Mohamed and Stuart, greetings: it is possible that this bird is ringed in Gibraltar but in the light of the latest recalls (4 Belgium, 1 France), the load of fat and the dimension of the wings, I understand that this animal comes from north.
Chances are wintering fish caught in Gibraltar that is over 100 Km.aprox. from which he recovered
I must mention that so far, I have observed at least 5 English as ring recoveries of my group so far this year in both Sylvia atricapilla, as in Acrocephalus shoenobaenus and some other Acrocephalus scirpaceus of the latter species was held last Saturday a recovery in the resort of Rio Guadaira.
As soon as you promise banding data inserted into this page.
By the way, have recovered many Hirundo rustica ring this season with Spanish in Morocco?
Greetings Fernando.

My question was that if he had recovered Spanish swallows in your country last year.
I could almost 4000 Swallows ringed in 2009 nearly all young birds of the year so my curiosity ...
Mohamed I've been fortunate to be able to mark birds in Morocco, for me a dream ...
Regards, Fernando.

Sorry, I miss-understand you in the first moment. No I didn’t recover any Spanish-ringed Swallow here during my ringing sessions in the period 2004-2008.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back