• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nesting Robins update. (1 Viewer)

BazR

bazr
Hi All.
The Robins using my open-fronted box are well into feeding young. It's really funny to see their antics when Pam and I are in the garden. If we are far enough away from the box, they are totally unconcerned, even to the point of searching for food with a few feet of us. When we sit on the patio for a cuppa, we are no more than four yards away from the box, and it all changes. On to the low fence that divides the garden, then to the trellis, on to the guttering of the bungalow, then to the rose arch. All this can take a few minutes, especially if they decide they are not happy and go through the routine again.
I am trying to get them to come to the box whilst we are there to let them see that there is no danger from us, but I'm fighting a losing battle, so we are taking our cuppas further away from the box, so not to get them too anxious. Thus far everything is going beautifully, so I'll keep my fingers crossed, and a sharp eye open for the damned local moggies. Further updates to follow.

Baz.

Last edited:
Hi Baz,
Thats great news:t:, please keep the updates coming, and of course pics if you can manage it.

Best wishes

Good news Baz, I'm glad they are doing so well. It must be nice to sit in the garden and watch them even if you are a little further away than you would choose. Hey, if I sat in the garden there would probably be a hail storm, you must be blessed on both counts |=)|.

Ah thats great news Baz. It must be lovely watching them.
Hopefully, this wet spell we are having will keep the ground soft enough to find plenty of food for their young.
What a great time of year this is. Thanks for the update Baz

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back